- Acquittal of President Trump in impeachment trial
- Rapid spread of coronavirus pandemic
- Derek Chauvin, policeman, calmly strangles George Floyd to death
- Scotland votes to end export of police gear to US
- San Francisco mayor proposes defunding police
- Racism alive and flaming in the US
It’s all enough to make your head spin. I believe most of us are worn out, especially from anxiety around Covid-19 and then police-committed murders and rioting. We’ve discovered our own, supposedly-laid-back Austin has a violent police force. It’s a lot to take in.
I put on my mask and go to the grocery store to find that nobody is looking at anyone else. There are no smiles, and scant expression of friendliness. Nerves are frayed, and some people have become more aggressive drivers. This constant stress, from low to high, is wearing on our bodies and souls. It’s a good idea to syphon it off regularly.
There are 3 free simple remedies I use, not necessarily on the same day, to deal with anxiety and that sense of discombobulation.
- Breath First, I locate where the feelings are lodged in my body. Chest? Solar plexus? Gut? Shoulders? Then, I breathe into that area. I take deep, slow, cleansing breaths between 5 to 10 times.
- Mantra I repeat a mantra. Sometimes I just make it up off the top of my head. I may say, “I now release all uncomfortable feelings, whether they are mine or belong to others.” or “Calmness fills my body. I am at peace.”
- Tapping I tap to release those feelings, many of which are not mine. To this end, I have written a tapping protocol for you to use. Go here if you need the tapping instruction protocol for a reminder and here to find my tapping script to assist in releasing the discomfort you are feeling. Remember: the scripts are here only as a guide, and you can change them into a way that works best for you.