The fear of getting Covid-19 the scourge of 2020/2021, seems rampant. It doesn’t help your mental stability nor feelings of safety while worrying that someone is going to pass the virus to you. Worry can be so debilitating. So what can you do? Use EFT to help restore peace of mind.
First, choose a number of how strong your fear of getting covid is on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst and you need a shot to calm you down. Write your number down so you may remember it. Then use your tapping skills.
- Side of the hand: Even though I feel so uncomfortable realizing that I could go down with the virus and never be the same again, I deeply and completely forgive and honor myself.
- ETI (Even though I) think about the possibilities of having permanent lung damage or loss of smell, I forgive and honor myself.
- ETI worry about dying if I catch this ugly virus, I know I will be okay.
- Inner eyebrow: Sometimes I just feel anxious.
- Side of eye: So many people have gotten covid.
- Under eye: Hearing about it day in and day out on the news just worries me
- Under nose: It seems to be everywhere.
- Chin: Evil particles floating on the wind, looking for a moist throat.
- Clavicles: I tend to feel alarm the minute someone sneezes or coughs.
- Under arm: I worry each time I cough or feel really tired.
- Top of head: Should I go get tested?
- Side of hand: Even though sometimes I get overwhelmed with worry about the Covid 19 virus, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- ET just thinking about getting sick seriously worries me, I forgive and love myself.
- ET it’s distressing me to see others go without a mask, I know I can let this go.
- Inner eyebrow: I feel so vulnerable when I have to grocery shop
- Side of eye: There are people out there who don’t wear masks
- Under eye: It’s just not right.
- Under nose: Who do they think they are?
- Chin: I find myself being this angry person
- Collarbone: I resent that I feel so angry
- Under arm: I’m tired of wearing a mask, but I do it any way.
- Top of head: Eeks! Did I get the virus?
Do another round. As you tap, continue to say whatever comes up for you, stating all your concerns. Check back on your number and see if it is reduced. Continue tapping on the anxiety until the number is lower.
Then, do a positive round: