Are you looking for a new romance? If you already have a partner, does that relationship feel stale? For the Valentine issue this month, I’m not going to chart how you can go after a man or woman. I’d like for you, instead, to consider looking at yourself.
Do you love yourself? Frankly, it can be hard to find a good relationship or renew the one you have if you don’t love yourself. Think about it. If you don’t like you, it makes you unattractive to others (except the narcissists who will capitalize on that). Here are some great ideas for manifesting self-love that will brighten you and make you more appealing:
1. Do regular tapping when you notice yourself self-criticizing. I have just posted a tapping protocol on self-love on my website to help you with that. Sherry, add Self Love link here. But you can get creative and create your own, too.
2. Move your body daily –walk or dance or do aerobics at least 15 minutes per day. It’s a great way to feel good.
3. Clear ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts)
As per Byron Katie, a highly acclaimed spiritual teacher:
Write stressful thoughts down.
Examine them one at a time, and give each a yes or no answer.
1. Is it true?
2. Can I know that for certainty?
3. How do I feel when I have that thought?
4. How would I feel without that thought?
4. Create reasons to laugh – We all know by now that laughter is good for your health. It relaxes the body, boosts the immune system, triggers the release of endorphins and improves the function of the heart. Humor helps you keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments, and loss. It also makes you more attractive to others. If none of your friends make you laugh, you need some new friends. Laughter is contagious.
5. Do volunteer work – It will help you feel really good about yourself.
6. Spend time in nature. Nature is so healing and can restore your soul and ground you.
7. Call me for a session if you need help. 512-444-9777
Self-love isn’t a science; it’s a creative practice that requires attention. Aren’t YOU worth the time? I think so. Self-love will make you more attractive to others.