First, choose a number of how strong your upset is on a scale of 1-10. Write it down so you may remember it.
- Side of hand: Even though sometimes I get so overwhelmed with worry about the Covid 19 virus, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- Even though I feel so uncomfortable realizing that I could go down with the virus and never be the same again, I deeply and completely forgive and honor myself.
- Even though just thinking about getting sick seriously worries me, I know I can let this go.
- Inner eyebrow: Sometimes I just feel anxious.
- Side of eye: There are people out there who don’t wear masks
- Under eye: It’s just not right.
- Under nose: Who do they think they are?
- Chin: I find myself being this angry person
- Collarbone: I resent that I feel so angry
- Under arm: I worry each time I cough or feel really tired.
- Top of head: Eeks! Did I get the virus?
Do another round. As you tap, continue to say whatever comes up for you, stating all your concerns. Check back on your number and see if it is reduced. Continue tapping on the anxiety until the number is lower.
Then, do a positive round:
- Even though I’m worried about myself and family and friends getting the virus, I’m choosing to stay safe.
- Even though I’m feeling all this anxiety, I’m willing to consider that this is a gift that will show me a path for growth.
- Even though I have this nervousness, I’m choosing to accept it and move on to a higher understanding.
- Inner eye: Maybe I’ve been nervous all along, and this situation is just highlighting long-hidden feelings.
- Side of eye: Maybe it is worth exploring why I’m anxious.
- Under eye: It is hard to face those parts within me.
- Under nose: I’d rather not admit that I have a problem here.
- Chin: Easier to pin this on someone else.
- Collarbone: I’m choosing to work on this issue.
- Under arm: I’m choosing to love and accept myself with all my flaws.
- Top of head: I’m strong, and I’m moving on with my life, letting go of this anxiety.
Just keep tapping until you feel better.
As always, call me if you need help: 512-444-9777